Médecins Sans Frontières regularly sends speakers to give presentations to medical, academic, and community groups throughout Australia and New Zealand.
How to Request a Speaker
Due to an increased interest in Médecins Sans Frontières' activities in recent years and a limited number of aid workers available to participate in speaking events, more requests are made for speakers than can be fulfilled. Please review the following guidelines before requesting a speaker.
Médecins Sans Frontières encourages requests from the following:
- National and regional conferences focusing on international medical and humanitarian concerns
- Medical, public health, and international affairs schools and institutions
- University and community groups interested in international medical and humanitarian concerns
- Groups of 50 people or more
- Speaker requests from the above groups will be considered on an individual basis, with special consideration for events focusing on public health and international health and international humanitarian issues.
- In order to provide sufficient time to search for an appropriate speaker, please submit your request 4-8 weeks prior to the date of the event.
Event dates submitted beyond 3-6 months in advance are difficult to fill due to our reliance on field workers and their work rosters and overseas missions.