- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What do we collect?
The personal information we actually collect varies depending on the purposes for which it was collected . Generally, we collect personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act) that you provide to us, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, bank account/credit card numbers. We also collect anonymous traffic data on our website to improve our services. more information
In limited circumstances, we may also collect health information in the course of recruiting field medical staff. more information
You may request at any time that you remain anonymous when dealing with us, or use a pseudonym, and to the extent that it is lawful and practicable for us to enable you to do so, we will accommodate that request.
How do we collect your information?
We usually collect personal information directly from you.
We collect personal information you provide to us in a number of ways such as donation coupons, application forms for field work, through our website and in any other way you interact with us. more information
MSF-A may also collect personal information from publicly available sources such as telephone directories or mailing lists.
How is the information used?
We use your information to process your donations, to advise you on how your support is helping, to keep you updated on events and our work in the field, and occasionally send you marketing materials. We also use information provided to us to process applications for field work. more information
We do not give information about you to government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented;
- You would expect us to or we have told you we will;
- we are required to by law;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is required to prevent or lessen significant risk to your life or physical, mental or emotional health or that of another person;
- we take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities;
- disclosure is required to assist any entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported as missing;
- disclosure is made for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal or equitable claim; or
- disclosure is made for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
We might disclose your information to our external service providers, but only to the extent required. more information
Supplying personal details
Any personal information you provide to us will only be used for the purpose for which it is collected. We do not trade, sell or rent to any third party information captured or voluntarily submitted on this website. more information
Links to external websites
Any external websites linked to/from MSF-A website are not controlled by MSF-A and therefore we cannot take responsibility for content, claims or adherence to the privacy laws here or overseas. more information
Cookies are small files that a website transfers to your computer. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies. Your browser controls will allow you to restrict, block or delete cookies.
- To collect non-identifying statistical information on how many people visit our website, what country/city/region they are from, which browser/operating system they are using and pages viewed on the website.
- To allow functionality for the user within our website
- For use of third party advertising or social media services to enable tracking and retargeting for online marketing material
By using this site, you agree that we may place these types of cookies on your device.
Control of your privacy
You may ask for access to records we are holding in relation to you at any time. You also have the right to update or correct these records at any time. If you wish to allow another person to access your details (eg family member) you need to notify us in writing and it will be noted on your record. more information
MSF-A will give you the choice of opting out of any future mailings from us at any time. more information
You may raise any privacy issues you have with us at anytime by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Questions/complaints about privacy:
Cost of a local call 1300 136 061 or (02) 8570 2600
By e-mail to email@example.com
Mail us at Privacy Officer, Médecins Sans Frontières Australia Ltd, P O Box 847, Broadway NSW 2007
Updating your information through our Supporter Relations Team:
Cost of a local call 1300 136 061
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail us at Médecins Sans Frontières Australia Ltd, P O Box 847, Broadway NSW 2007