As a construction manager working for Médecins Sans Frontières you will coordinate and monitor construction and rehabilitation projects to meet the needs of the mission. Your skills in cross cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as the role involves providing technical support, on-site construction supervision, and coaching to staff and /or sub-contractors under your responsibility.
In the field, construction managers establish and review construction activities, ensuring compliance with Médecins Sans Frontières protocols and standards. You will work across project design and development, project budgeting, and HR associated processes, such as recruitment, training, and evaluation. They plan and review budgets for the construction activities in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Basic engineering skills
- Experience as a construction site foreperson or in building services coordination
- Experience with contract writing, budgeting, reporting
- Qualification in architecture, civil engineering, building design
- Experience in any/all of carpentry, plumbing, construction
- Drawing skills or site planning experience
- Experience with procurement of or negotiation for building supplies
All construction managers are hired as logisticians. Médecins Sans Frontières logisticians come from a range skill sets and backgrounds: they are engineers, fleet managers, electricians, architects, farm managers, water and sanitation experts, project managers, and more.
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.