Administration staff require a mix of finance and human resources experience. You will be responsible for project accounts, cash management and security, budget control and financial reporting. You will liaise with local authorities and service providers in relation to all project finance, human resources issues, and local labour laws. You may also be part of the country management team, coordinating the financial and human resources for a number of field projects and contributing to discussion and decisions around project direction.
Your skills in cross cultural human resource management and communication will also be important, as your role requires supporting both international and local staff.
Administration positions are based either in the capital city of countries in which Médecins Sans Frontières operates, with regular visits to field projects in order to better understand the local context and provide effective support to the field-based teams, or in field projects themselves.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience in one or both of the following:
- Accounting, budgeting, financial planning, financial control, financial reporting OR
- Human Resource Management and policy principles in areas such as recruitment, performance management, staff payroll, tax, labour law
- Ability to work as part of a senior management team, including project planning responsibilities
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 12 months
- Knowledge of financial and reporting guidelines of major funding institutions
- Ability to understand and function in different legal environments
- Available for longer-term commitment of 18 months or more (over several field placements)
NOTE: Individuals recruited in this capacity may be required to undertake internal training prior to their first field placement. The course outlines specific finance, human resources and administration policies, procedures, tools and software used by Médecins Sans Frontières in the field.
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.