As a physiotherapist working for Médecins Sans Frontières you may be part of a team responding to the rehabilitation needs of people wounded as a result of armed conflict or a natural disaster. Alternatively, you may work as part of a longer-term surgical program, providing care to communities deprived of a functioning health care system. Regardless of the situation, you will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the activities in the mission related to physical rehabilitation.
You will supervise and ensure the technical quality of the activities carried out by local physiotherapists and local re-adaptation technicians with the various hospital departments or the dispensary and ensure conformity with physiotherapist good practices and MSF protocols. You will identify the training needs among physiotherapists or local re-adaptation technicians and /or other healthcare workers.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Relevant qualification as a physiotherapist
- Minimum three years professional experience, with at least one year working in a rehabilitation centre or hospital
- Professional experience in at least one of the following areas: orthopaedics, intensive care, burns unit, or paediatrics
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
Please note: while filling a crucial role in the field, there are limited positions for physiotherapists. Recruitment is therefore competitive and successful candidates must be very flexible with their availability as placement may take some time.
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.