- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Post graduate qualification (Masters or comparable level) in Clinical Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing, Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Social Work or Medicine plus specialisation in Psychiatry
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience (post qualification; internships not included) in a multi-disciplinary setting treating patients with psychotherapeutic and/or counselling methods
- Experience with a range of psychotherapeutic methods/approaches such as systemic, cognitive-behavioural, psycho-dynamic, client centred
- Experience in mental health issues associated with at least one of the following: trauma, post traumatic stress disorder, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS, TB or other chronic disease
- Experience in developing psycho-educational tools and/or ‘train the trainer’ courses/tools
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
- Competent to diagnose and treat psychiatric patients according to best practice (within limitations of candidate’s specific profession)
- Experience with traumatized migrants, internally displaced people and/or refugees
- Experience with short-term therapy
- Experience across the full scope of mental health care provision for adults and adolescents
- Experience across the full scope of mental health care provision for children
- Experience with individual, family and group counselling
- Experience in community-based psycho-social or trauma focused programs
- Experience in adapting recognised and accepted therapeutic techniques in consideration of local cultural contexts
- Experience with adherence counselling and/or patient education for chronic diseases
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.