Medical Advisor – Paediatrics (10 month fixed term contract)
MSF Operational Centre Paris (OCP) seeks to appoint a temporary Medical Advisor - Paediatrics (10 month fixed term contract)
The Sydney Medical Unit is part of the MSF OCP Medical Department and is responsible for medical support of operations in the field of Women’s and Child Health.
The medical advisor contributes to the implementation of MSF’s social mission through medical leadership, expertise and advocacy. This is achieved by the following:
- Contribution to medico-operational strategies
- Providing relevant, context-adapted medical support
- Assuring quality improvement and respect for medical ethics in our operations.
- Developing and supporting operational research and relevant medical innovation.
- Advocating internally and externally, based on field needs, experience and research.
- Providing linkage to MSF and the external medical community.
- Strong collaboration and exchange with fellow colleagues in the medical department working on relevant dossiers (nutrition, malaria, obstetrics, vaccination, HIV/TB, ABR…) is necessary.
The candidate must be a Medical doctor with degree or board certification in paediatrics and have field experience with MSF (preferably OCP). Good organizational and realistic planning skills with pragmatic, solution oriented thinking. Good written and oral skills in French and English. The capacity and willingness to work outside regular office hours. If not based in Australia, willingness to travel to Australia for 2 x 4-week blocks
For a copy of the job description including the full selection criteria, please see the job description:
Applications MUST address individual selection criteria. You should also write a cover letter and attach a copy of your CV.
Please note that a criminal record check may be required as part of the selection process. Applicants with criminal records will not automatically be ineligible for the position they are applying for.
Médecins Sans Frontières Australia has a Child Protection Policy in place and all employees are required to comply with this policy (which is available on our website).
Applications and enquiries to Shereena-Lee Van De Berkt: +61 2 8570 2645
Applications close: position will be filled as soon as possible