Legal, Risk and Compliance Intern
To provide legal, risk and compliance support to Médecins Sans Frontières Australia’s Finance and Admin department.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain a register of legal matters and ensure timely and accurate documentation of how they came to resolution
- Liaise with external legal firms when required
- Follow up on expiring contracts
- Develop an understanding of the MSFA contract policy and assist ensuring it is implemented correctly
- Train MSFA staff on MSFA contract policy
- Input into discussions regarding contract negotiations
- Maintain hard and soft copy filing of contractual agreements
- Support the Privacy Officer where required
Any other relevant tasks or projects related to legal matters, contracts or privacy.
- Formal education or ongoing study in law or a related, relevant field
- Attention to detail
- Systematic and excellent at documenting
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- An interest in working in legal, risk and compliance in the not-for-profit sector
- An interest in humanitarian aid and/or international affairs
This commitment is for 1-2 days per week for 6 months, to start immediately.
Applications will be assessed as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible.
Please send your CV with cover letter addressing the selection criteria to: