MSF Australia is looking for a hard-working, dedicated student with a passion for humanitarian affairs to intern in our advocacy department. This will provide an excellent opportunity to learn about the advocacy operations of an international humanitarian organisation and to get hands-on experience in the non-profit sector, especially in advocacy.
You will be working specifically on our refugee and migration portfolio and reporting to MSFA Advocacy Manager. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
· Research on advocacy targets and issues we’re working on.
· News and social media monitoring.
· Legal and policy research in Australia and regionally (but all conducted from Australia).
· A keen interest and knowledge in humanitarian affairs, refugees and migrants.
· Advanced research skills (preferably both legal and policy).
· Degree and preferably Masters in relevant area, such as International Relations, Law, Human Rights, Humanitarian Response, etc.
· Detailed focus.
· Highly organised
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Dedicated and passionate about these issues.
· Experience working on issues related to refugees and migrants
· Experience working in the Asia-Pacific region
· Previous advocacy experience
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter responding specifically to the selection criteria and your CV to email@example.com asap.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To start as soon as possible.
Duration: Preferably 6-month commitment (but will consider 3 months and breaks over the holiday period are fine).
Weekly commitment: Minimum one day per week, two preferable.
Location: Preferably one day in the office (Glebe, Sydney) with option to work from home the other day. We will consider remote applicants.