As a fleet manager working for Médecins Sans Frontières you will carry out or supervise all maintenance logistics activities in the base and on project sites, this includes vehicles and local infrastructure. Your skills in cross cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as the role involves providing technical support and coaching to staff under your responsibility.
You will plan and review budgets for the fleet management and mechanical activities in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission. Day-to-day work in the field will involve performing maintenance of logistics equipment for transport, cold chain, energy, IT or radio communications. You will also complete inventories of equipment, and check the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations is completed to Médecins Sans Frontières standards and protocols.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Experience with pump and generator maintenance
- Experience with vehicle maintenance
- Qualifications in vehicle or medical equipment mechanics
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of medical equipment