Access to essential drugs is one of the major concerns for Médecins Sans Frontières. Pharmacists are responsible for managing the order, supply, inventory and distribution of drugs and medical supplies to Médecins Sans Frontières-supported clinics and hospitals. Ensuring compliance with national rules and regulations is vital. As a Pharmacist with Médecins Sans Frontières you may be asked to evaluate the availability and quality of drugs being considered for local purchase, work with government officials on supply chain issues and consider how to store medicines in challenging, under-resourced locations.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Relevant qualification as a pharmacist
- Ability to manage supply and ensure stock control
- Ability to implement processes that ensure availability and quality of locally purchased drugs
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
- Recent work experience in a hospital environment
- Knowledge of HIV, TB and treatment of tropical diseases
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply