As a midwife working for Médecins Sans Frontières your ability to deal with women at risk and to respond to emergency situations will be utilised on a regular basis. Your experience in both complicated and normal deliveries will be essential.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Experience in antenatal and post natal care, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience managing high risk pregnancies and complicated deliveries
- Experience in family planning and mother-child health care
- Willingness to provide care in line with Médecins Sans Frontières policy and protocols in relation to women's health
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 6 months
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics course (ALSO)
- Work experience or study in tropical medicine, refugee health or international public health
- Knowledge of STDS and HIV/AIDS
- Available to work infield for 9+ months
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.