As a midwife working for Médecins Sans Frontières your ability to deal with women at risk and to respond to emergency situations will be utilised on a regular basis. Your experience in both complicated and normal deliveries will be essential.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Experience in antenatal and post natal care, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience managing high risk pregnancies and complicated deliveries
- Experience in family planning and mother-child health care
- Willingness to provide care in line with Médecins Sans Frontières policy and protocols in relation to women's health
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 6 months
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics course (ALSO)
- Work experience or study in tropical medicine, refugee health or international public health
- Knowledge of STDS and HIV/AIDS
- Available to work infield for 9+ months
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.