- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- RN (Div.1) status & absolute minimum of two years experience post-qualification in areas such as Public Health, Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Nutrition, Emergency, ICU, Infectious Diseases (STDs, HIV/AIDS, TB), Surgical/Post Operative Care, Operating Theatres
- Additional studies in one of the following: refugee health, international public health, infectious diseases (especially TB and HIV/AIDS), tropical nursing OR relevant work experience in developing countries and/or indigenous communities
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
- Senior managerial experience (eg Clinical Nurse Director, Service Manager)
- Clinical education and/or training experience
- 5+ years work experience post-qualification
Nurses working with Médecins Sans Frontières
STORIES FROM THE FIELD
Monica Burns - discusses paediatric nursing with Médecins Sans Frontières.
Kristen McClelland - working with Syrian refugees in Kurdistan.
Anthony Flynn talks about his career with Médecins Sans Frontières.
Sita Cacciope discusses her first field placement, in Chad.
Helle Poulsen-Dobbyns writes of her work in Malawi.
Colin Watson writes of his work in Ethiopia.
Aisleen Glasby talks about her experiences in Malawi.
Cindy Gibb discusses her work in Tajikistan.
Brett Adamson shares his stories from Afghanistan.