- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Certified anaesthetist / Fellow of Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (or equivalent)
- Experience in paediatrics, obstetrics, and trauma anaesthesia
- Ability to work autonomously with limited materials and resources
- Willingness to abide by Médecins Sans Frontières anaesthetic protocols
- Available to work in the field for a minimum of 6 weeks (at least for the first placement; subsequent placements can be shorter, depending on context)
- Available at short notice (in emergencies we may need anaesthetists to leave within 24 to 48 hours)
- Medical experience outside anaesthetics (eg ICU, emergency, pain specialization, peadiatrics, and internal medicine)
A NOTE REGARDING AVAILABILITY & NOTICE PERIODS
Due to the emergency nature of many of our projects, anaesthetists are often needed at very short notice. However for some longer-term projects it may be possible to confirm a placement well in advance. If you are genuinely interested to work with us but have concerns regarding the period of notice you may require, we encourage you to apply. Your individual circumstances can be discussed as part of the interview process.
APPLYING FOR A POSITION
Anaesthetists must submit their CV/application form in the format provided. Click here to download.
Anaesthetists working with Médecins Sans Frontières
STORIES FROM THE FIELD
Jenifer Reynolds outlines her career with Médecins Sans Frontières.
Colin Chilvers shares his experiences from Nigeria and Pakistan.
Marco Osti Avila writes of his work in Nigeria.
Kevin Baker talks about his various field placements.
Haydn Perndt discusses his thoughts about Médecins Sans Frontières.
Learn about MSF's anaesthetic and surgical activities in Syria.