Médecins Sans Frontierès is desperately seeking Obstetrician/Gynaecologists for its women's health program in Peshawar, Pakistan. Due to the inherent requirements of the position and the local cultural context, candidates must be female.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Médecins Sans Frontierès has set up:
- A free of charge gynaecological / obstetrics Hospital to provide 24/7 care; consultations and deliveries including surgery.
- A support framework to 5 Basic Health Units in Peshawar District for ANC, PNC & Health Promotion.
- A referral network with other local health facilities.
The OG is responsible for the general coordination of the maternity department and IPD, cooperation with the medical teams in the facility and supervision of the quality of care at the Hospital.
If you are:
- a Fellow of RANZCOG (or equivalent)
- available for 4 weeks (longer is great!)
- interested in contributing to women’s health care in a less developed country context
Contact Jenny Cross within the Field HR department at Médecins Sans Frontierès Australia for further information. Due to the specific and quite urgent needs of this project, Médecins Sans Frontierès has waived some of its standard recruitment criteria and processes.
Ph. (02) 8570 2621 / jenny.cross(at)sydney.msf.org
[As always, we are interested to receive applications from Obstetrician/Gynaecologists, both male and female, as part of our regular recruitment activities which support all of Médecins Sans Frontierès’ women’s health programs. Refer to www.msf.org.au/join-our-team]