Who we need
AN ORDINARY DAY TAKES EXTRAORDINARY EFFORT
*Female anaesthetists, surgeons, Ob/Gyne are highly sought after due to contexts of many of our projects
We are always looking for competent people who are willing to live and work within an international team, share their skills and dedicate their time to support our medical humanitarian work around the world. Review key recruitment criteria below.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR ALL POTENTIAL FIELD WORKERS
- Understanding of and commitment to the Charter of Médecins Sans Frontières
- Demonstrable knowledge of Médecins Sans Frontières' work around the world, and the humanitarian sector in general
- Minimum two years of professional experience post-qualification
- Significant experience in supervising, training and managing others
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organise, prioritise workload and use initiative
- Willingness to work in potentially unstable environments
- Recent international travel experience in less developed countries and/or work experience in less developed, resource-poor, indigenous or isolated settings
- Ability to cope with stress
- Available to work in the field for a minimum of nine months* (exceptions for some profiles; refer to your specific profession)
People with a medical background also require current and valid registration with the appropriate board/authority (this may be in your home country if you are not yet registered in Australia/New Zealand), and must display no recent gap in clinical experience greater than two years.
*Please note, the period of availability for placement must be flexible. See FAQs "Availability and Placement Duration" for more information.
- Language skills - French and Arabic in particular - intermediate level or higher. Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian are also useful
- Interest and/or experience in international humanitarian issues, international relations, anthropology
- Previous field experience in a similar role with a non-government organisation
As a medical humanitarian organisation, we are reliant on people with medical backgrounds. However, supporting our medical teams are professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds, all of whom contribute in their own unique way. Regardless of whether your professional background is in medicine, engineering, management, humanitarian work or something totally different, what matters most is that you have the right attitude and approach, that you can hit the ground running and that you have the required technical skills relevant to your profile, to help us deliver medical assistance to the people who need it most.
Register for updates
Register below to receive updates about upcoming recruitment events such as webinars and information nights.
OTHER BACKGROUNDS & EXPERIENCES
- Logisticians- experience in areas including:
- electronics and/or electricity
- water and sanitation
- procurement & supply management
- event and/or project management
- ICT (information, communications, technology)
- Administration / Finance / Human Resources - experience gained in areas such as:
- business and/or general management
- financial or human resources management
- project management
- Experienced Coordinators
EARTHQUAKE RESPONSE IN NEPAL
While Médecins Sans Frontières is responding to this emergency, we are not currently recruiting for this response.
At this stage, Médecins Sans Frontières is sending experienced teams from our existing pool to assist those affected by the earthquake.
Should the needs change in the future, any recruitment alerts will be posted on this website.
There is more information on our current work in Nepal here.
Live Recruitment Information Webinars
Ideal for people who cannot attend our recruitment information evenings in person, Médecins Sans Frontières Australia hold live recruitment information webinars. more.
'MSF Yes' Campaign
Do you know any potential candidates for Medecins Sans Frontieres field work? Perhaps you have a friend or a colleague with relevant skills and experience. If they Google 'MSF Yes' they can easily find this page, where they can discover more information about the essential criteria for field workers and how to apply.