- Médecins Sans Frontières opened an emergency inpatient feeding centre for children in Djibouti in 2008.
- Médecins Sans Frontières' lobbying for the implementation of a preventive approach to malnutrition has resulted in the health ministry distributing ready-to-use supplementary food. This high-protein formulation contains all the nutrients children need and is proven effective in preventing malnutrition.
- The team also gave technical support to the Ministry of Health so they could develop their own specialised nutrition programme.
- Staff training, medicines and medical equipment were provided.
- The nutrition programme in Djibouti was handed over to the Ministry of Health in 2012.
For the latest news of our work visit: http://activityreport.msf.org/
Médecins Sans Frontières has been working in the country from 2008 to 2012.